Why we need you
WAZER is the first ever desktop waterjet cutter bringing universal cutting with digital precision to every workshop, big or small. Creating a first of its kind product was no easy feat, but since then we have proven the product and are scaling up! We are looking for energetic, adaptable and clever people who think on their feet to solve problems, and can help grow the business. Help us bring this brand new product to its many eager customers, while having an opportunity for career learning and development.
YOUR DAILY ROLE
- This is a Marketing internship
- Work alongside WAZER marketing staff on projects that may include social media, marketing campaigns, content development, and analysis
- Working with the marketing team, manage your own marketing projects to create and deploy new marketing programs
- Analyze performance of marketing projects and recommend new improvements
- how marketing decisions are made in a multi-channel marketing environment
- how marketing campaigns are planned, crafted and executed
- how to use digital marketing technology
- how multiple functions coordinate in order to implement campaigns and serve customers in a vertically integrated company
- hands-on experience using the WAZER to make a project of your own design
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Pursuit of a marketing, business or communications degree (near completion or just completed)
- Prior experience working in a business, marketing, sales or customer support environment
- Analytical orientation – good with data and spreadsheets, and a “what does the data say?” curiosity
- Creative – can show past projects in which you created content for a project that helped convince people to buy something or make a decision
- Communication skills, including verbal, written and visual
- Ability to commute to Yonkers, NY without the need for public transportation
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in an operations or assembly facility
- Trade or technical background
- Graphics software skills (such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.)
This is a PAID full-time internship for the summer months. Availability of a future full-time position to apply for is possible, but not guaranteed to be available.
LOCATION & ENVIRONMENT
We’re located in Yonkers, NY. You’ll be working in an environment that is simultaneously our office, ideation studio, research lab, workshop, and final product assembly center, all under one roof. This allows us to collaborate and learn each other’s areas of expertise, providing better solutions to our customers. Our facility becomes a playground in the off hours. You are encouraged to design, make, and work on whatever personal projects you may have at the time. You may see brewing equipment, race car parts, and art pieces around the office. Who knows what inspiration we use for the next problem we need to solve!
To apply, write us a quick explanation about why you think you would be a good fit for this role. Resume and references are always welcome.